Consumer Mobile Deposit through Your Mobile App
Investar Bank’s Mobile Deposit Service allows you to deposit checks to your eligible accounts by capturing an electronic image of the item with a capture device (such as a camera) on your mobile device and submitting images and associated information to us for processing. All terms and conditions of online banking disclosures apply to the Mobile Deposit Service.
The following criteria must be met before being eligible for Mobile Deposit Service
- Deposits can only be made into a personal account
- Your account must be opened for at least 90 days
- You must be an active OLB and mobile app user
- Your average account balance at the time of deposit must have been at least $100 three months ago
- The maximum number of times your account can be overdrawn is 3 in a 12 month period
- The maximum number of times your account can be NSF is 1 in a 12 month period
- The maximum check limit accepted via the mobile app is $5,000
- Daily item count is 5
- Daily limit is $5,000
- You may only deposit 15 items and a maximum of $5,000 in a 25 day period
Only Eligible Items will be accepted through the Mobile Deposit Service
Customers will agree:
- To deposit only images that originated as paper checks, and no third party (checks made payable to someone other than you) or electronic checks may be deposited using the Mobile Deposit Service
- To properly endorse all items using the Mobile Deposit Service. This should include a signature (s) from the named payee(s). It is also suggested that you write “For Investar Bank Mobile Deposit Only.” This will help prevent a duplicate deposit being made
- Not to deposit items into the account unless customer has authority to do so
- After submitting an item for deposit using the Mobile Deposit Service it will not be re-deposited, otherwise transferred and will not negotiate the original item
- After the item is submitted for deposit, the customer is solely responsible for the destruction of the original item
Investar Bank may return or refuse to accept all or any part of a deposit using the service at any time and will not be liable for doing so even if such action causes outstanding checks or other debits to be dishonored and returned. Images of items transmitted are not considered received by Investar Bank until an electronic confirmation of the receipt of the deposit is received by the customer. Receipt of the confirmation does not mean that the transmission was error free or complete, and the customer may still receive a declined deposit email if the deposit is outside of our guidelines.
Items submitted before 3:00 p.m. CST on a business day, will be made available the next business day. Items submitted after 3:00 p.m. CST or on a non-business day, will be made available in two business days. Once items have been approved through the Mobile Deposit Service, they are subject to Investar Bank’s Funds Availability Policy.
Disposal of Transmitted Items
Customers are responsible for retaining each original item in a safe and secure environment in accordance with applicable laws as in effect from time to time. Customers will store the original items and take appropriate measures to ensure they are not deposited a second time. After receipt of a confirmation from Investar Bank that the image of the item has been received and approved, customer agrees to mark the item as “VOID” and properly dispose it to ensure it is not presented for deposit again.